DIY dog wash for large dogs

DIY dog wash for large dogs

Postby Cactikris » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Anyone know of a place in Maricopa or Casa Grande, where I can bath my dogs? I would prefer to do the bathing myself rather than taking them to a dog groomer.
Thanks.
Cactikris

Re: DIY dog wash for large dogs

Postby Pet Social Worker » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:07 am

None in Maricopa. Not sure about CG but I'm pretty sure not.
The only one in Phx that I would personally take my dog(s) to is in Tempe: http://www.azdogwash.com/
Kimberly Diedrich
Pet Social Worker

Postby Cactikris » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:47 pm

Thank you! Inexpensive as well, so I will be going there this week.
Cactikris

Postby eddie » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:10 am

CG has one by the Safeway on Cottonwood. It's called Doggie Duds and Suds. They do full service and self serve. Their phone # is 520-316-0944. Call first, because I think the self serve has specific hours.
eddie

Postby eddie » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:14 am

You can find them on Facebook under Doggie Duds and Suds Pet Grooming
eddie

Postby Cactikris » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:43 am

Sorry I missed your post Eddie, and have made a note for next time. I did go to the Tempe one, and managed to get my dogs bathed as I was desperate. The building has extensive black mold... everywhere! Even in the basin in the restroom. This is a boarding kennel as well, and there is no way I would board a rat there. It should be demolished.
Cactikris

Postby Andois » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:10 pm

Cactikris wrote:Sorry I missed your post Eddie, and have made a note for next time. I did go to the Tempe one, and managed to get my dogs bathed as I was desperate. The building has extensive black mold... everywhere! Even in the basin in the restroom. This is a boarding kennel as well, and there is no way I would board a rat there. It should be demolished.

Thanks for the heads up! Black mold is dangerous for people and pets. Please only post recommendations if you have actually used the business. Using google to locate a business for a reader should not be a basis for a recommendation.

Goodbye cruel world I'm leaving you today. Goodbye all you people there's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind.....Goodbye.

Andois

Postby Cactikris » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Actually, Andois,
I had done all kinds of google searches and came up with nothing other than groomers and boarding kennels. We were desperate, as the one dog needed surgery the following day and I was just about to use my own bathroom, which probably would have been better in the long run, so I do appreciate that someone helped.
It was up to me to enter the building and decide just how desperate I was! I take full responsibility.
Cactikris

Postby Andois » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:32 pm

Cactikris wrote:Actually, Andois,
I had done all kinds of google searches and came up with nothing other than groomers and boarding kennels. We were desperate, as the one dog needed surgery the following day and I was just about to use my own bathroom, which probably would have been better in the long run, so I do appreciate that someone helped.
It was up to me to enter the building and decide just how desperate I was! I take full responsibility.

You're probably right. People have different standards and maybe she thought it was ok for her dogs. Glad it worked out and hopefully your dog is ok after the surgery.

Goodbye cruel world I'm leaving you today. Goodbye all you people there's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind.....Goodbye.

Andois

Return to Pets & Animals