IS THERE A WAY TO BLOCK ALL "Kardashian" FROM MY COMPUTER ?

Re: IS THERE A WAY TO BLOCK ALL "Kardashian" FROM MY COMPUT

Postby psimitry » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:57 am

What - you don't find a family that is only famous because one of them banged some dude on camera and got it released?

I have simply never understood why the FRICK people are so interested.
psimitry

Postby KendoPt4 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:03 am

Dat azz! TADOW!
KendoPt4

Postby SuperNatural » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:11 am

The better question to ask is "Who are the people that watch reality shows?" They are reason why shows like the Kardashians are around.
SuperNatural

Postby psimitry » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:24 pm

The Ol' Librarian wrote:I agree. There are a bunch of shows that I do not understand how they get funding for production. I do not get it...the low mentality needed. The viewers lack of a real life of their own, I guess. So this is our culture and society ?

wow.

Because America is addicted to trainwrecks. We don't care about the fact that the people in these reality shows are oftentimes alcoholics, severely depressed, or just otherwise narcissists. We don't care about any of this because we love the "drama" of them melting down/blowing up on camera. We are so addicted to this that oftentimes the editors of these shows will take a completely innocent exchange between two people, clip it up, add some dramatic music and turn it into a grievous insult.

To see the ridiculousness of this, one really only has to look at Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (UK): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gmzT1JezJ4

versus Kitchen Nightmares (US)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gdCQuVWrGI

In the UK, it's more like a documentary. Gordon Ramsay is there to provide help to a struggling restaurant. Any upgrades that are done are paid for by the restaurant. There is a (mostly) cooperative atmosphere. In the US version, it's just about watching the trainwreck owners clash against Ramsay (who is there to help them) and the staff. Again, because it's all about the drama, EVERYTHING is edited to create the "story," regardless of whether there is one.

Which isn't to say that all American TV is bad. Scripted US entertainment remains (largely) the best in the world. It's just that our "reality" TV addiction just means that there's less and less of it all the time - it's cheap to produce and pulls in TONS of viewers.
psimitry

Postby hastings1066 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:49 pm

The best thing on tv at this time - The Borgias. Entertaining and educational (not for young kids but good for any taking, and interested in, world history in HS).
hastings1066

Return to Technology