Basic Cable Service from Orbitel?

Basic Cable Service from Orbitel?

Postby DollarBill » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Why do we not have basic service from orbitel in Homestead north ? We are getting charge HOA Fees equal to other subdivisions and they have the service. What are we paying for ? Shoddy Landscaping maintenance is all I can see.
Next subject is street lights ? The other subdivisions also have street lights.
DollarBill

Re: Basic Cable Service from Orbitel?

Postby Pet Social Worker » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:43 am

It all depends on what the builder run HOA set up in the initial planning of the subdivision as to the "amenities." When it's homeowner run then you can (and I assume will) begin to make some changes. Since there is a ton of building going on in Homestead right now, hopefully you won't have to wait too long. :)

Pinal County has a "dark sky ordinance" which all builders / cities have to abide by. Many of the newer communities have put in downward facing special street lighting but almost all of the older subdivisions and builders (DR Horton being one of them) have decided not to put in too many. At least a couple of times/year there are threads like this here about lighting. Some people hate it & some people love it for various reasons. Province / VRED / CF actually have a rule written into their CC&R's stating they MUST have their coach lights on from dusk to dawn. That really help w/ lighting the community but again, some people love it & some hate it.

Here's a recent article: http://www.inmaricopa.com/Article/2012/ ... safety-mpd
Kimberly Diedrich
Pet Social Worker

Postby K2Mommy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:24 am

K2Mommy

Postby gthba » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:48 pm

I live in Homestead and love the lighting ordinance. It allows for us to see the stars at night and have the real desert feel that we moved here for. Also, wouldn't you be upset if there was a street light right outside your bedroom window?
As for the ORbitel question....I also have a rental property in The Villages. In talking to the HOA we understand that Orbitel layed the entire cable infrastructure with the agreement that the HOA would include it in the fees for the 1st 30 years so they could recover the cost of putting in all that cable. Therefore, the residents have NO CHOICE but to pay approximately $17 per month for basic cable included in the HOA fee whether or not they choose Orbitel.
I don't know what, if any, the deal is here with Homestead. But choice is always a good thing.
Just passing on the information we were told.
gthba

Postby guerrero12 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:44 pm

I agree with the basic cable concept, I've clld the AZ Dept of Housing for FAQ's and was told that our HOA fee is pretty high.

And personally I am in favor of street lights in our subdivision, I've had two cars hit outside my house bc of no lights that have cost me a pretty penny to fix bc of hit and runs.
guerrero12

Postby luceee » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:12 pm

guerrero12 wrote:I agree with the basic cable concept, I've clld the AZ Dept of Housing for FAQ's and was told that our HOA fee is pretty high.

And personally I am in favor of street lights in our subdivision, I've had two cars hit outside my house bc of no lights that have cost me a pretty penny to fix bc of hit and runs.

Don't park on street overnight. Problem solved
luceee

Postby guerrero12 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:50 am

And where do you suppose someone park when they have over 4 cars? Your responses aren't very helpful and honestly they're down rt rude.
guerrero12

Postby luceee » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:28 pm

If you are fortunate enough to own more than four cars, get a bigger piece of land and build a larger garage.
luceee

Postby luceee » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:35 am

guerrero12 wrote:And where do you suppose someone park when they have over 4 cars? Your responses aren't very helpful and honestly they're down rt rude.

O well.
luceee

Postby ulgrath » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:47 am

to be honest with the parking in the street thing i believe it is agaisnt hoa rules to have a car in the street overnight :oops:
ulgrath

Return to Homestead