Different Neighborhoods in the Villages

Re: Different Neighborhoods in the Villages

Postby luceee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:12 am

Canuck wrote:Yippee! After almost 7 months of short sale waiting we closed yesterday on our house in Summerwind, we are SO excited! Now we have to get some furniture :)

Aaron's will be opening soon. Never have been there but it could be a start. :)
luceee

Postby Pet Social Worker » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:44 am

Good Lord, don't rent furniture or buy overpriced furniture from a rental store. I am ALL FOR "shop local" and most of you who know me know that I preach "shop local" all the time but in this case, go to a big box store in Casa Grande & fill up your house w/ one of the stores there. Maricopa will still get a small percentage of the sales tax and you won't get screwed.
Kimberly Diedrich
Pet Social Worker

Postby Sneakers » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:26 am

Pet Social Worker wrote:Good Lord, don't rent furniture or buy overpriced furniture from a rental store. I am ALL FOR "shop local" and most of you who know me know that I preach "shop local" all the time but in this case, go to a big box store in Casa Grande & fill up your house w/ one of the stores there. Maricopa will still get a small percentage of the sales tax and you won't get screwed.

This! I got their flyer in the mail the other day and glanced through it. I tossed it after having a good chuckle. Their prices were, well, laughable!
Sneakers

Postby OneConservative » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:03 pm

It is hard to imagine that Aaron's is going to be successful down here. I read Sneakers comment about laughing at the cost. I just got a flier for them and found that the lovely 8 piece bedroom set for a mere $99.99 for 24 months could be mine for the meager total price of $2639.76. You can bet I'll be waiting at the door when they open :lol: to plunk down my greenbacks. If it was good quality furniture, perhaps it would be worth that much, but when we moved here, I happened into one in Phoenix not knowing what Aaron's was and the furniture at that location was not even pressed wood let along real wood. Someone would have to be really desperate or unable to calculate the actual cost to agree to such a price. IMHO - What a rip-off :evil:
OneConservative

Postby SmartAlec » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:21 am

Canuck wrote:Yippee! After almost 7 months of short sale waiting we closed yesterday on our house in Summerwind, we are SO excited! Now we have to get some furniture :)

Congrats Canuck,

you will love it here! Promise! from a fellow Canadian. PS Canadian gather at Raceway Bar on the outskirts of the city on Grey Cup Day
SmartAlec

Postby Pet Social Worker » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:45 am

OneConservative wrote:It is hard to imagine that Aaron's is going to be successful down here. I read Sneakers comment about laughing at the cost. I just got a flier for them and found that the lovely 8 piece bedroom set for a mere $99.99 for 24 months could be mine for the meager total price of $2639.76. You can bet I'll be waiting at the door when they open :lol: to plunk down my greenbacks. If it was good quality furniture, perhaps it would be worth that much, but when we moved here, I happened into one in Phoenix not knowing what Aaron's was and the furniture at that location was not even pressed wood let along real wood. Someone would have to be really desperate or unable to calculate the actual cost to agree to such a price. IMHO - What a rip-off :evil:

I've always been AMAZED at the people who rent furniture, electronics & appliances. It seems like an absolute no-brainer to me to say no-freakin-way.

Canuk - there is a BIG group of Canadian ladies that meet @ Honeycutt coffee weekly too.
Kimberly Diedrich
Pet Social Worker

Postby SmartAlec » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Pet Social Worker wrote:
OneConservative wrote:It is hard to imagine that Aaron's is going to be successful down here. I read Sneakers comment about laughing at the cost. I just got a flier for them and found that the lovely 8 piece bedroom set for a mere $99.99 for 24 months could be mine for the meager total price of $2639.76. You can bet I'll be waiting at the door when they open :lol: to plunk down my greenbacks. If it was good quality furniture, perhaps it would be worth that much, but when we moved here, I happened into one in Phoenix not knowing what Aaron's was and the furniture at that location was not even pressed wood let along real wood. Someone would have to be really desperate or unable to calculate the actual cost to agree to such a price. IMHO - What a rip-off :evil:

I've always been AMAZED at the people who rent furniture, electronics & appliances. It seems like an absolute no-brainer to me to say no-freakin-way.

Canuk - there is a BIG group of Canadian ladies that meet @ Honeycutt coffee weekly too.

Where is Honeycutt Coffee? day and time?
SmartAlec

Postby Pet Social Worker » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:56 am

I can't remember the day & time but I'm sure anyone working @ Honeycutt Coffee can tell you.

44400 W. Honeycutt Rd
Maricopa, Az 85138
(right next to Maricopa Properties - a little ways down the strip-mall from the Courtny Tyler State Farm office)

http://honeycuttcoffee.com/
Kimberly Diedrich
Pet Social Worker

Postby Andois » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:49 am

Pet Social Worker wrote:I can't remember the day & time but I'm sure anyone working @ Honeycutt Coffee can tell you.

44400 W. Honeycutt Rd
Maricopa, Az 85138
(right next to Maricopa Properties - a little ways down the strip-mall from the Courtny Tyler State Farm office)

http://honeycuttcoffee.com/

Are ya sure it's on Honeycutt?

Goodbye cruel world I'm leaving you today. Goodbye all you people there's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind.....Goodbye.

Andois

Postby Pet Social Worker » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Yes, Honeycutt Road, NOT Honeycutt Ave
Kimberly Diedrich
Pet Social Worker

Previous

Return to Villages at Rancho El Dorado